The project theme is in the domain of the nano-materials and aims to synthesis and characterizes of new nano-materials core/shell types based on sulfides with predetermined properties with applications in optoelectronics. By its scientific objectives the project contributes to:
- the formation of young researchers in luminescent materials field;
- develop the specific knowledge in domain;
- open new research direction;
- increase the national/international visibility.
The specific objectives are related to:
- preparation of new Cd-free nano-materials with tunable luminescence;
- developing the ultrasound-assisted synthesis method for preparation of ZnS-CuInS2 core/shell and core/multishell nano-particle;
- optimization of the synthesis methods in order to improve performances of phosphors and to control the morphology, structure and luminescence characteristics;
- resolving some aspects concerning the energy transfer in core/shell particle.
The methodology is specific for materials science and implies: sample design; core/shell and core/multishell nano-particle synthesis; characterization of materials; interpretation of the original results and dissemination of the original results.
The preparation of phosphor powders is made by ultrasound/microwave-assisted method.
The characterization will be performed by: ICP-OES, FT-IR, XRD, SEM/TEM, EDX, XPS, PL and BET investigations.
The original results will be disseminated by publication in journals and communication at scientific events.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE (G.O.)
Synthesis and characterization of Cd-free new core/shell ZnS-CuInS2 type luminescent material.
GO1 Formation of the human resources by:
- developing the ability of young researches to lead/manage research projects;
- forming the human resources in the science of materials with targeted properties;
- sustaining and encouraging the participation to the internal/international scientific events;
- creating research position in materials science domain.
GO2 Developing the knowledge domain by:
- developing of new core-shell type materials free from cadmium;
- formulation of new theoretical hypothesis referring to the as prepared materials.
GO3 Increasing the visibility on scientific level of research member team by results dissemination by:
- participating at scientific events - minimum 3;
- publications - minimum 3 ISI;
- WEB page.
GO4 Technical-material base consolidation:
- -acquisition of R&D research equipment.
SCIENTIFIC OBJECTIVES (SO)
- Synthesis and characterization of doped ZnS and CuInS2 NPs with transitional (Mn, Cu, Ag) and/or rare earth ions (Eu, Ce) for tunable luminescence using ultrasound/microwave assisted methods;
- Developing the ultrasound-assisted method in order to obtain different types of core/shell ZnS-CuInS2 NPs;
- Optimization of the ultrasound-assisted conditions for obtaining core/shell and multishell NPs with controllable morphology, structure and luminescence;
- Resolving some aspects concerning the energy transfer in core/shell and core/multishell NPs.